Monday, October 11, 2010

Be Careful...

This weekend I was out with some friends when I got a phone call from one of my guy friends. He was out with friends at a bar and had apparently upset one of his friends with his erratic behavior. He sounded a bit drunk, but claimed to only have had 2 beers. Then he told me that he had taken a hit to the head earlier that day in a rugby game. I immediately told him to get his other friend and have him go home because he might have a concussion. I remembered that when you have a concussion you are not supposed to go to sleep, but I couldn't remember for how long. Anyway... given the scare that I had this weekend I decided to to post some information about concussions that I got from online.
Symptoms of a concussion may include:
  • "seeing stars" and feeling dazed, dizzy, or lightheaded
  • memory loss, such as trouble remembering things that happened right before and after the injury
  • nausea or vomiting
  • headaches
  • blurred vision and sensitivity to light
  • slurred speech or saying things that don't make sense
  • difficulty concentrating, thinking, or making decisions
  • difficulty with coordination or balance (such as being unable to catch a ball or other easy tasks
  • feeling anxious or irritable for no apparent reason
  • feeling overly tired

No comments:

Post a Comment